This twice weekly clinic is a referral service for GPs and Physiotherapists. Our aim is for Far North Queensland patients to not have to wait extended periods of time for acute orthopaedic conditions.
The clinic is suitable to:
- Patients injured in sporting or recreational activities the previous week.
- Patients who need relatively urgent treatment, including surgery.
- Private patients and those wishing to seek private treatment only.
Public patients seeking acute injury care are best referred to the fracture clinic at the Cairns Hospital where they will be managed in an expedient and professional manner.
The process to access the acute injury clinic is for your health professional to:
- Phone administration on 4040 6240
- Fax a referral through to 4040 6201
A GP referral will be required to see a surgeon.
- Contact our administration
team if you require further information.
- Address the referrals to The Doctor-Acute Injury Clinic as any one of our specialist will be attending the clinic that week.
- If a public patient requires
urgent review then the relevant health professional should contact the
Orthopaedic Registrar on call at the Cairns Hospital on 4226 0000.